- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Pre-heat over to 450 degrees
- Combine the flours and salt in a bowl. Add the olive oil and water and stir.
- Form into a round dough.
- Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- After the dough has rested a bit, flour a board and rolling pin and roll the dough out until it’s as thin as you can get it.(You can also use 2 parchment paper to roll your dough)
- Place a parchment paper on your baking pan.
- Use a pizza cutter (or plastic birthday knife with zigzag) to slice the dough into squares or diamonds.
- Sprinkle top cracker with black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes on each sides).
- Let the crackers cool completely and then store them in an airtight container.
This version is non crispy crackers but it’s healthier without using butter.
See also crispy crackers.