This version more crispy compare to my previous homemade cracker recipe.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 2 tsp of yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp sesame seed
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 4 tbsp cold butter (56 gm)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil (for coating dough)
- In a bowl, stir in warm milk with honey and stir in the yeast and set aside until the yeast proof for about 15 mins. (Note: I find that proofing yeast in warm water produce better result compare to milk)
- Use a clean bowl, add in whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and rub in cold butter until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Mix in proof yeast to your dough then knead few times to combine the mixture into a dough.
- Add in sesame seed.
- Using a clean bowl, pour olive oil into bowl and coat all sides of your dough.
- Cover dough for 15 minutes.
- Deflate your dough and knead again.
- Cover and let it rest for 2 hours till it double in size.
- Using 2 pieces of Parchment paper. Roll dough with a rolling pin. Flatten on a piece of parchment paper, cut and rest for 30 mins.
- Sprinkle top cracker with black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 200 celcius / 400 Fahrenheit. Bake using the center oven for 25 mins. (Note: 25 mins or lesser depending on your oven and also height of your cracker dough. Always check to see if it burn at the side.)