Homemade Salted Chicken Egg
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of water to 1/4 cup of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black peppercorn per 1 cup of water
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine
- Wash eggs
- Pour water into glass bottle to measure how much cups.
- Then pour into pot to boil with star anise, black peppercorn, and salt.
- Once salt completely dissolves, turn off heat and let it cool completely.
- Taste if it’s salty or not. If it’s not up to your expectation, just add one to 2 tablespoon and stir in.
- After it’s cool, stir in Shaoxing wine.(Shaoxing wine will make yolk orangy red in colour)
- Next, pour salted water into your glass bottle. (make sure there ie no crack on ur eggs).
- And make sure eggs submerge, if it floats, use a small glass and place on top of ur eggs. (Do not use metal).
- Brining takes 30-40 days in room temperature. (I’ll wait till 40 days). Leave a small gap, do not cover all
- After 40 days, drain water out and wipe your eggs dry, yOu can store in the fridge up to a month.