- 140 g cup plain flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven 175° C
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Dissolve the coffee with hot water. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well. Beat in the coffee and vanilla essence. Gently fold in the flour mixture alternating with water. (You can replace water with full cream milk)
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan. (Lay with baking paper bottom and side)
- Bake at 175° C for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Use a cooking pot, place 2 big chunk of unsweetened dark chocolate or any cooking chocolate
- Cocoa powder (10-20gm melted with little bit of water) put in about 1-2 tbsp only to your melted chocolate
- 2 -3 tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoons of caster sugar (if it’s too sweet, then omit this)
- Remove from heat after melted and pour on top of your cake
Tips: Eat when it’s hot, or re-heat in oven to soften cake