Soft Banana Cake Recipe
- 250 gm All purpose flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 125 gm butter
- 100 gm cooking oil (I didn’t put much oil for these only 50% of oil)
- 225 gm bananas (choose pisang emas for better taste and sweetness) (about 2 finger size banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Beat butter and sugar in a mixer
- Mix in eggs (one by one) and vanilla essence and beat thoroughly
- Use a clean bowl, mix in flour, soda bicarbonate, salt, mix well then add cooking oil
- Mash banana using a fork, then pour into mixer
- Finally, pour in dry mixture of flour into mixer.
- Cook for 50 – 60 mins on 175 celcius (mid level) . Check to see if its cooked using a toothpick. If it sticks to toothpick then you’ll need to bake a little bit longer.
- Note: Next time i’ll use more pisang coz my other half complained not enough banana. He recommended pisang emas coz emas taste much sweeter than berangan.
- i give this a rate of 8/10, texture is great and taste awesome