This update version of egg noodle recipe is much better than my previous one http://chefwo.com/homemade-egg-noodle-recipes/
- 500gm all purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 3/4 cup of cold water
- 1 1/4 tsp of salt
- Make a hole in the middle of your flour and add 1 egg yolk
- Knead the dough
- Dissolve salt into your cold water
- Add water to combine dough (Add sparingly, little by little. Dough should feel like plaster-sine. Not sticky and not too dry.
- Knead for 15 mins and when it feels like the texture of your “earlobe”, means it’s ready for the next step
- Cover dough with damp cloth and let it rest for 3 hours.
- Roll your dough flat and use noodle maker to flatten and turn into strands of noodles.
- Sprinkle some flour to avoid noodle from sticking.
- Time to test your noodle perfection. Hold one strand and pull, you should be able to pull it very long! Isn’t it great!
- Group several portion of noodles and blow with your hair dryer (cold air please). (Avoid using your hand to untangle noodles during air drying because it’ll break the noodle strand)
Split dough into several balls so that you can easily knead it.